Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shootout fate?

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Shootout fate?

With things getting cancelled lately including the fall harbor hop - is the Shootout next?
    I haven't heard anything but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

Post Thanks / Like
    HIGHLY Doubt it. We are not ran by the Liberal side of the government. THERE is heavy boat traffic and EVERYONE came here for the summer. Barb counted 19 different states licence plates at Walmart last Saturday.

IMHO: Harbor hop has really not been a big money maker the last few years, so having a reason too cancel is likely a better reason to cancel. It was always a opportunity to get people to LOTO in the off season and this year they are here anyway... Again, this is just my opinion.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see it happening unless action is taken by the state, and I see no signs of that happening
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    At this late date, I don’t see an outright cancellation, but with so many people coming here from all over the country (and especially from hotspot states like Florida and California), I would fully expect some safety measures to be taken at Captain Ron’s. That might mean no awards ceremony, masks being required for staff and volunteers, temperatures taken, etc.

Don’t forget that Supercat Fest faces some of the same issues—lots of visitors from the hotspot states, and large gatherings planned.

Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Safety measures? I have yet to see any safety measures down here at lake front bars, some of the grocery stores started to and now the big box stores, but for the most part it’s pretty open to do as you want around here. Not saying that’s right or wrong, but would not be surprised to see more cases start showing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laketime View Post
    Safety measures? I have yet to see any safety measures down here at lake front bars, some of the grocery stores started to and now the big box stores, but for the most part it’s pretty open to do as you want around here. Not saying that’s right or wrong, but would not be surprised to see more cases start showing up.
    My observation is the stores that require masks are only suggesting that. They have a sign that says mask required, but about half the people inside are not wearing them.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMSooner View Post
    My observation is the stores that require masks are only suggesting that. They have a sign that says mask required, but about half the people inside are not wearing them.
    West Marine was requiring them last weekend. They had a box of paper ones they were handing out.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the positive cases continue to grow in the lake area I could understand concern by Captain Ron's and Toad for sponsoring large gatherings from a negative media attention perspective. That's why Dog Days cancelled Aquaplaooza. Not sure about liability but I suppose that could become an issue. Will be interesting to see if the City of Lake Ozark allows the street party this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    West Marine was requiring them last weekend. They had a box of paper ones they were handing out.
    Yeah, I’m sure there are some doing that.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMSooner View Post
    Yeah, I’m sure there are some doing that.
    The older couple in front of me turned around and walked out while saying, "You're off our list now."

I thought it seemed like there were generally more people wearing masks than there has been so far while I was out and about on land Monday.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw today they are working on getting the number of cases up in camdenton,

Post Thanks / Like
    One issue I see is that the volunteers are usually older so I wonder how many will be willing to help this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine Ron's will be the same typical vendor layout and my guess is the docks will be open to the boat owners only. I hope they come up with a plan that is acceptable for anyone that objects. "shootout is our favorite week of the year, with Key West being a close 2nd and both are at risk of being interrupted this year".

Joe

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect and hope Shootout will go as normal, maybe just some temperature checks like bwj does, but I’d bet money the worlds in KW are canceled

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baditude View Post
    I expect and hope Shootout will go as normal, maybe just some temperature checks like bwj does, but I’d bet money the worlds in KW are canceled
    The commissioners for the City of Key West will be meeting on Tuesday, August 4th, to decide whether to allow the world championships to proceed in their city. Stay tuned.