Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I worked in a bar in my younger years before all the DWI and BWI and the bar tenders and waitress would always give us a heads up on who was drinking to much and may cause trouble.
    And I’m not saying sue them what I’m saying is charge them and they can under the law do that

My Ride
    Envision 2900 combo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    I worked in a bar in my younger years before all the DWI and BWI and the bar tenders and waitress would always give us a heads up on who was drinking to much and may cause trouble.
    And I’m not saying sue them what I’m saying is charge them and they can under the law do that
    Does this mean the breweries and distilleries should also be charged with a crime? I'm sorry but if you drink and drive its no ones fault but yours.

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not defending drunk driving but it becomes a blanket statement. I have a good friend who has a well known boat and you all see photographed all the time. He was involved in a bad accident and killed a kid on a pwc. Kids family had lots of money and big time law suits. He was cleared of any wrong doing but all the attorneys told him if he would have smelled of a drink he would have went to prison even though it was hands down the kids fault. Another friend had a cdl and drove a tractor trailer for fed ex ( my wife does the same ) got rear ended at a red light. He blew .06 cdl is .04 and it was called his fault and lost his job over it. All he was doing was sitting still at a red light. Like I said Iím not defending drunks but Inexperienced or not paying attention can contribute to accidents just the same. Now days people are looking at there phones instead of paying attention where they are going a lot of the time also.

My Ride
    FORMULA FASTECH
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm for better lights on boats for night running!
    As everyone knows, it can get really dark at LOTO & many boats don't have bright enough lighting or lighting in the right location for those conditions... A different lighting system on boats will fix it! Would make everyone safer!

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    You ever notice some cruisers when they are plowing you they are black when you come up on them from the back? The wake off the back blocks the transom light. I have ran into pontoons that are real dark from the back. The first time my Michigan racing buddies were at loto we took them out for fireworks. They saw a pontoon with the blue led rubrail and thought that was a great idea because the boat was so visible. I told them that guy will go to jail tonight. On the way home water patrol had that guy pulled over. I get the red green nav light deal. But I bet a lot of people would be better off just seeing the boat better farther off. I’m a big fan of WHITE underwater transom lights. They light up the water behind the boat and really make the boat visible when approached from behind. But depending on the water patrol some day it’s illegal and I call BS.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    A neon beer sign on the side of a boat would not be visible if it is not turned on. A simple red, green and white suffices just fine. I agree that there are cruisers that need to make certain that they have a light high enough so that it can be seen. Some would have a white light on the radar arch.

Any other color light can cause confusion, making other drivers have to interpret what it is and which way it is heading. Blue is actually a color reserved for the end of docks. Yellow, or yellow flashing is reserved for hazards.

Imagine an airport changing the color of lights on the field. Would if I decided to put headlights on the back of my car and red lights up front? Would if a City decided that red means go, yellow means stop, and green means to gas it to get through the intersection!

Lights matter.