Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

My Ride
    38 Special / Tige 2100V
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions

I know I heard some rumblings about the bus and the tickets at the party, so first let me clear a couple things up then I want some feedback.

As far as the tickets: What I was told by the bar was that they would wave the $5 cover and each member would get a special wrist band at the door. Obviously as you found out, unless you got there after 8 pm, they didn't charge a cover that early, and I guess they forgot about the wrist band part. I don't know what will happen with that next year, but we'll have it figured out a little better before we decide on tickets. Sorry for any confusion there.

As far as the bus: All I heard was that the first couple run right at 6 were a little rough, but how did it go after that? Was it worth us renting? Would you recommend we do it again next year? Did you get home safely?

I want next years party to be even better so any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

DJ
    Home of the Support Our Troops Poker Run

www.HuebnerHouse.com

My Ride
    Boat "Whoring" .. again
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I didn't end up riding the bus, I would chip in for it or some other transportation next year even if I don't ride the bus (it was too big for me, - used to a much shorter bus ) It's not worth the alternative.

As far as the bar, after what we spent there this year, they ought to wave the cover charge completely next year. But, with service like they provided, I'd pay the $5 cover.
    Thank you all so much for being my friends -- Bobby Boucher (The Waterboy)

You can't drink all day, if you don't get started in the morning....

My Ride
    Baja 36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought everything was perfect i did not ride the bus but had every intension to!!! who cares about the cover no cover i say keep the tickets and use the money for whatever you need to make the party a great success like this year!!!
    If you can''t do it the \"Blender Poison\" can!

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlended
    I thought everything was perfect i did not ride the bus but had every intension to!!! who cares about the cover no cover i say keep the tickets and use the money for whatever you need to make the party a great success like this year!!!
    Ditto - Was going to ride the bus, but it was not there at 5:30, it did not arrive until after that, we got anxious, so our non-drinker drove the suburban - first load 6, 2nd load 17 - little over loaded, did not charge a dime... - Don't remember when or how I got back to the Hotel - Thanks to DB for the pre-party
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Baja 30 Outlaw 2004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Party all in all. Why coulnt the bar let us hear the video on the first go round the music in it was as good as theirs was? As the night road on I can see them wanting their own audio.

My Ride
    38 Special / Tige 2100V
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by docjimm
    Great Party all in all. Why coulnt the bar let us hear the video on the first go round the music in it was as good as theirs was? As the night road on I can see them wanting their own audio.
    I asked that right away and got shot down without much explaination.
    Home of the Support Our Troops Poker Run

www.HuebnerHouse.com

My Ride
    resembles a battleship
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlended
    I totally agree. I'm not a rich guy buy even $10 per ticket and put some proceeds in the MWBP bank acct.

My Ride
    BBT
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard a couple of people wishing for a dance floor to go with the music instead of the go next door if you wanna dance annoouncement. But being the big dancer I'm not it don't matter to me.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement...

My Ride
    Baja 36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest38
    I heard a couple of people wishing for a dance floor to go with the music instead of the go next door if you wanna dance annoouncement. But being the big dancer I'm not it don't matter to me.
    i might have paid to see you shake your ass!!!!
    If you can''t do it the \"Blender Poison\" can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Party was great .... $10 worth it
    Rode in Taxi to party....rode bus home (the BUS is a must)

Fuel was awesome....A regular dance floor would have been nice & I thought it was hard to mingle with others do to the crowdiness.

I personally would enjoy a more private setting so you could get to know other members....I can go party at fuel any weekend (2 1/2 hour drive) but I can't get to meet MWBP members from Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa etc... any weekend.....I felt that I met most of the members at the bbq, stripper pole room or at the bar "Fred Otts?" sat. for lunch. I did meet alot of KC folks at fuel that had nothing to do with MWBP....but will probably be future members!
    Dr. Jeff, Eddie and the whole crew who put this together you did a wonderful job....it was well worth the $10....I would even pay more next year...maybe Fuel would consider a private party!!!!

My Ride
    Ford F-150 Lariat & Ford Edge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great time!!! I gave my tickets to two females that met up later. At that point there was a line so I talked to a manager and said there were two coming at 10, wrote there names on the tickets and they walked straight in Bypassed about twenty more dudes So after that you would have seen me sucking face with the hot blond and nice uhh eyes

Great time thanks a ton

My Ride
    An old BEAK, BEAK BEAK
    Post Thanks / Like
    We rode the bus home and it was wonderful, not to have to worry about driving.
    The Fuel was great too, I didn't think they could take care of us, but they sure a he$$ did, and in fine fashion.
    I had enough fun to charge twice as much for the tickets, who cares ? Put the extra money towards this great site that keeps us altogether. [smilie=twocents.gif]
    And thanks again for those who did all the work, so we could
    I'm a Father, I'm your friend, I'm your Brother till the end. ~~ K.R.

My Ride
    32' Baja Caliber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We took the last bus and thought it was a great idea, well worth it. Driver was nice, knew where she was going and we all got there safely. Not sure what time the last bus was but that's the whole point anyway.
    Handle every situation like a dog.

If you can't it or it.
    on it and walk away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why coulnt the bar let us hear the video on the first go round the music in it was as good as theirs was? As the night road on I can see them wanting their own audio.
    They are VERY particular about their music, its the whole concept that makes them successful. Even so, they might consider it next year if they have the DVD in advance.

I discussed that with them and its not something they do. They did say we could move around some tables to create a small dance floor but it never happened. I totally forgot about it.

I personally would enjoy a more private setting so you could get to know other members....I can go party at fuel any weekend (2 1/2 hour drive) but I can't get to meet MWBP members from Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa etc... any weekend.....I felt that I met most of the members at the bbq, stripper pole room or at the bar "Fred Otts?" sat. for lunch. I did meet alot of KC folks at fuel that had nothing to do with MWBP....but will probably be future members!
    First off, any place thats private would cost us a TON about $100 per couple and wed bust through the alcohol budget by 10:00 pm. Just think of the cost of a wedding reception, not to mention the big uncertainty about whos going to show up. If we get a ballroom for 200, what happens if 300 show up? If we get a ballroom for 300 and 200 show up weve way overpaid.

Second, wedding receptions dont have the same fun atmosphere, waitresses, tons of TVs, pool tables and dancing on the bar etc

Third, having a bar open to the public really helps spread the word.

maybe Fuel would consider a private party!!!!
    Probably not, they have to consider the people that pay their bills every other weekend of the year. If we want it 100% MWBP then we can show up with 300 people at 7 pm.

My Ride
    Dreaming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despite the bus driver not knowing where the bar was and riding around with her 10 year old daughter it was a sucess. The bus was near full going to the bar and half full coming back after midnight.

Minnesota's #1 Boat Whore